Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Feeling the Funk

I do not know what the problem is but I have had a serious case of bloggers block over the last few weeks. I have posted a few things but everything has seemed forced. I dont know why. I have had a lot of things going on away from the old computer so I hope that is simply the reason.

Well, if you fall off the bike, you just have to drag yourself back up and continue on....so that being said, here is the Tuesday update........


My allergies are killing me. I haven't had it this worse in a LONG time. However, this time its my eyes that are giving me problems. My friends at work tell me that I look like I have been crying all day. I can't take any medicine that works for me because I get so drowsy from it. Tavist and getting up at 3am doesn't cut it. What I need is a good south Alabama soaking in the form of a all day rain event. Only then will I start to feel better.

Ender and his wife Tater, Jason, the Mayor of Hollinger's Island and his wife, Mitzi and Nanners and I made a trip across the bay Friday and had a lovely dinner at Lambert's in Foley, Alabama. If you have never been to Lambert's, its a themed restaurant based out of Missouri that serves food in a festive setting. Their fare is stick to your ribs food. However, they are known for two things. First, the pass arounds. Along with your food, they come by every few minutes and bring you unlimited helpings of black eyed peas. fried potatoes and onions, and macaroni and tomatoes. Be warned. A waitress with a gimmicked bottle of katsup or a pot containing a stuffed possum that will be stuck in your face when you are least expect it. However, what they are famous for are their "throwed rolls". They bake these HUGE dinner rolls and bring them out to the dining room for the customers. There is one catch. You have to catch them. They have a person who yells out FRESH ROLLS!! and then everybody who wants them raises their hands. Those who do not want rolls usually takes cover. Most of the time the rolls make it to their target. Sometimes they do not. You do the math. We had a great time and enjoyed lots of great conversation and rolls. Oh, and we moved tables three times. Lambert's, by the way, was featured on The Travel Channels' Top Ten Places to Pig Out. The original Lambert's in Missouri came in as number one!

Our living room is full of odds and ends to be taken to our new storage unit sometime this week. My allergies have been holding me back from doing much outside. Nanners bought some flowers this past weekend and I usually water them for her when I come in and I almost die when I do it. Thats how bad I have it.

I am half done with testing at work this week. I finished some up today under the watchful eye of The Butler Did It. Now I am not a betting man but I am almost positive that he was working on his next movie reviews. I passed all my tests, by the way!!!

I want to give a big shoutout to Leigh of ....tell me I am Beautiful. She playfully chastized me today over my banner. So guess who is going to make a new one for me!!!!

Ender still has the premiere episode of The Gun Show that is still in the editing stage. For our first podcast, it was a hit and miss show but the unedited product sounded pretty funny. Our next one will be a lot better because we will be more prepared.

The Verbal Assassin has been on a tear as of late. CAN ANYONE STOP THIS MAN!?!

and lastly.....something will happen early Wednesday morning that will not ever happen again.....at 1:02:03 on 4/5/06 to be precise.

Thanks to Percy Pringle for that interesting bit of trivia. He is such a interesting man to read about..in between body slams.
2 Comments:
Blogger Me said...

Bummer to hear about your allergies. Fortuntely mine have been under control this year, but I definitely feel for you. That restaurant sounds like a blast! I like places where you can have fun while you eat, there are only so many times you can visit a place with 13 forks to choose from!

Now as far as the 01:02:03 04/05/06 Won't that actually repeat on 3006, 4006, 5006 etc? (Not to rain on your parade, it's not like I'll be around to comfirm it!) ;P

10:42 AM  
Blogger Scotty Ice said...

yes, my friend you are right......(wiping egg off my face.....) thats the last time I trust this old internet thing!!! ;-)

The allergies are somewhat better.......as nice as it is outside and here I am stuck inside....=(

give my best to your wife!!

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home