Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Comic Book Wednesday



I tried a different tactic this week for my weekly comic fix. The flea market comic booth opens for an hour or two on Wednesday afternoons to receive their weekly shipment. I called at noon to make sure the guy was open and I would be stopping by. He didn't sound too pleased but said he would wait for me anyway.

I was lucky that we didn't have anything come up that kept me at work late so I was able to stop by the flea market about 1245pm. I must admit that I really didn't like going when there was no one there. Despite that, I was able to pick up what I needed. The owner was kinda cool toward me and I certainly felt like I was interfering with something. Anyway, I was able to pick up a few things.

Young Avengers #11
Infinite Crisis #6 (Both the Lee and Perez covers)
Annihilation: Silver Surfer #1 (Awesome Cover!)

I am nursing a migraine right now so thats it for today. I am looking around this room and I really need to clean it up. My bookcases need organizing and I need to break down my PS2 for Ender so he can sell it for me. However, I need to move a file cabinet to get to the wires so I am afraid that will wait until my off day Friday.

...no rest for the weary.

BTW, I am including a link to one of my favorite comic writers, Jim Starlin. He is the father of the "Cosmic Marvel Universe" and well known for killing Robin in the Batman: A Death in the Family . I am not a huge fan of his artwork but his stories of cosmic intrigue are second to none. He has combined with George Perez for some of comics greatest moments.

Comixfan Forums - THE COSMIC TREK OF JIM STARLIN

If you a comic fan, enjoy!
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home