Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Wednesday Evening

Wow. I have just gotten off the phone with my Mom and its taken about 4 of us (including me on the phone) to sift through the growing mound of paperwork to submit for my father's insurance. I have gotten a new respect for this whole process. What a way to learn, however.

Nothing pretty much to report here. A friend of mine from work and I were going to take a couple of games of bowling today, but I left work today with a mild headache and came straight home and napped. I woke up this afternoon looking up into the lovely face of my wife, Nanners. We enjoyed a nice meal tonight at one of our favorite Mexican eateries, Sabora Mexico. Right now, Nanners is enjoying a TIVOed American Idol. I must admit I am not a huge American Idol fan but I would like to see Alabamian Taylor Hicks do well.

Other things going on in the Ice household.......

I just signed up to take Conversational French 1 at the University of South Alabama College of Continuing Education. My mother in law and I will be going on Wednesday nights in April in preparation for a our trip to France next year. I would like to take the second part also. Nanners works so late its hard for her to do classes after she comes home so she is going to bow out this time. Oui!

I want to give a big EMB shoutout to my blogging friend from Mobile, Leigh of ....tell me I am beautiful. You can find her blog on my blogroll. Although I do not comment on everyone of her posts, I do enjoy reading her blog. I know this sounds cliche' but you can feel the love and passion for her family in everyone of her writings. Please give her a visit and tell her the Iceman sent you!!

I want to give another shout out to a high school friend who I haven't talked to in a while. The Montgomery Disco Queen. DQ, I haven't forgotten about you and I cannot tell you how many times I have picked my cell phone up to buzz you and then I get distracted. I think about you and your wonderful family often and I hope that you are doing well. I promise I will get in touch with you very soon.

My friend Lee (Mr. Hollywood to those who know him well....) is currently listing the 21 Movies to Make Guys Drop the Remote. Our resident Professor at the American Film Institute (the AFI for all of us outside of Tinseltown) is breaking it down for all of us and I, for one, am enjoying reading his incredible knowledge on these movies. Pay him a visit and see why this man has Ebert and Roeper shaking in their boxes of popcorn. You can find him in the balcony at The Butler Did It on my blogroll. Remember, however, keep your ticket. They may check it later.

Nanners and I watched the DVD on Hurricane Katrina produced by WLOX in Biloxi, Ms. We sat and watched spellbound. Their coverage was incredible and they should be commended for what they were able to do during that time. If you want to get the TRUE story on Hurricane Katrina as to what happened in south Mississippi, please go their website and order the video. It's an amazing story to watch.

I bumped into a former Gulf Coast celebrity the other day. I ran into former WABB DJ Paul Fuller. Fuller was a mainstay at the station years ago when they had the top morning crew of Paul and Bill, The Goofy White Boys. I loved to listen to their show. Bill Evans was the other part of the duo and did the weather for WALA Channel 10. Fuller and Evans moved on to Texas and then broke up, I believe. Evans moved on to the big time working for WABC in New York City with former WALA reporter Lisa Colagrossi. Fuller told me that he was working in Providence, RI with 94 WHYJ with another WABB DJ Al Matthews. I wish him the best, he is a great guy. I would have loved to talked to him more. I may drop him a email!

Lastly, tomorrow is the day that my friends in the Port City Posse are getting together to start a Mobile institution. Stay tuned!!!
1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm feelin' the love!!!

:)

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home