Thursday, March 30, 2006

"....this is why I love comics and the AVENGERS.....'

Broken Frontier | The Portal for Quality Comics Coverage!

Well, I am back. My house is in order. My wife is not upset with me any longer. Life is good at the Icehouse.

Years ago on another message board, I wrote a suggestion to then-Avengers writer Kurt Busiek about the relationship between the Avengers Big Three of Thor, Iron Man and Captain America. The suggestion was to have a story about the three heroes which put more light on their friendship. Three heroes and three brothers who have braved life and death for years fighting side by side each other. I would love to have seen how the three men would put their relationships in perspective.

Busiek, whose run as Avengers writer I really enjoyed because he brought such a feeling of nostalgia back to the title, snidely remarked that he wasn't going to have the three sitting beside a creek fishing and singing ~Row, Row, Row Your Boat~all day. I lost a great deal of respect for him that day.

This article touches a bit on their relationship but mostly on the characters themselves. Its a good read if you are a comics fan.
2 Comments:
Blogger Chickie said...

Dang, it didn't take long for you to get your house is order. Could you come over and clean out my junk drawer and closets?

10:38 PM  
Blogger Scotty Ice said...

What can I say, Chickie?

I clean fast and hard..... ;-)

...just the way Nanners likes it!

and sure I would love to come and help ya clean....can I come swimming also?

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home