Friday, March 17, 2006

"Excuse me, Sir?, how does it feel to have been ripped a new one?"

Ok, a little pleasure before business......I just got through watching the first two episodes of the new Doctor Who series on Scifi. I am biased, but I really like it. Not only does it capture the charm and some of the history of the old series, but it certainly breaks ground as far as making the Doctor a whole person as far as bits and pieces of one. It does, however, maintain his mystery. Billie Piper is fantastic as Rose. I can see now how the British audiences have fallen in love with her.

Now, on to the topic at hand. My blog review finally came up on I talk too much [we're rude - deal with it]. I was ripped a completely new one by Merciless Minx. Remember before clicking on this blog, there is a lot of very foul language on it so if you are at work, be warned.

When you send in your blog to be reviewed, you must be able to grow thick skin in the meantime because they do not hold back any punches. Most of the blogs are ripped to shreds. I think this is the purpose of a lot of people sending them in. In reading their reviews everyday waiting for mine to come up. I would say that probably 75% of their comments are probably offbase and the other 25% are actually pretty good recommendations. However, I am not complaining in the least since I am the one who sent them my blog for review so I am bound by their opinions. I agree with some and others, well, lets say I take it all in with a smile. Most of it I have to say is "she loves tomatoes, and I do not."

So lets break it down, shall we?

"Mighty bad graphics and mighty boring posts are what I found." - Agreed on the graphics. Template making or template editing are not my strong point. There are thousands of others that are way better than mine. Boring posts. Well, I can't say that I have climbed Mount Everest so yeah, I could agree that most of them are boring. My post on my father not included in that assumption, however. She can just get bent over that.

"The header graphic is way too compressed. GIF format would be much better for that kind of image." - Agreed. Nothing I can argue there about.

"The sidebar is a pointless collection of “mighty” media. What are these, books you’re reading? Books you’re selling? Well, whatever it is, I don’t give a rat’s ass. I’m here for a blog, not that crap." - You were right on the first guess, toots. Books I am reading. Who gives a rats arse what you think anyway.....oh I am sorry. I did sent it in to be reviewed, so I must be nice.

"And please get rid of the f***ing weather forcast. The fact that it’s 71 degrees over there (and we’re talking early morning at the time of this writing) while I’m freezing my ass off over here is just making me mad." - I put the forecast in their simply because it might be interesting to see weather from my area. It could either stay or go. No big whoop either way. Oh, and you left off a e in forecast, by the way.

"I tried to find something interesting to read over here. I really did. It reads like a diary. I think if I was this guy’s mom I would be interested. But for anyone else, it’s a huge yawn-inducing disappointment." - I was thinking today that I might be suffering from blogger burnout. I do admit that a lot of my posts lately haven't been as interesting. I think a lot of that has to do with some of my latest posts being so depressing because of the all the deaths that have been near me lately. I could say this would be a good incentive to actually improve my writing and things I have talked about. I did go back several weeks ago and deleted a lot of my older posts. I regret now doing so. Especially my posts on Hurricane Katrina. She mentions also that the blog reads like a diary. Well, I ask everyone to Google blogs and their definition. I thought that was what blogs were. I guess that I do have a boring life. I agree with the person who commented about The Weather Channel post. Yeah. It was geeky. It was kinda weird. However, it was me. I do search for a lot of things online when I am bored or have a lot of time on my hands. I am a mark for the Weather Channel. Not near as much as I was years ago. I do not like it as it is now. I simply recall the way it was YEARS ago. Hey, this is me, however. I love scifi. I love comics. I love movies. So sue me. And for the record, my mom wouldn't know what a blog was. LOL

Oh well, I asked for it so I am not complaining. I will take what their suggestions were and try to improve this blog. I have been reading most of their technical comments in between the profanity and the put downs. They make a lot of great points and suggestions. I will definately try to write better. I will try to make my comments more interesting. I will try to write about subjects more indepth than just a one line comment here or there with a link or two. I might even find a halfway decent template. One thing I will not apologize for is being myself. If there is anyone that does not like me, then they can just get over it. I must challenge myself to improve the way I present the way I am. Not to try to make myself out as someone I am not.

At least, she didn't listen to that pitiful blogcast. LOL
3 Comments:
Blogger Me said...

I for one like your templates, and this current one is one of my favorites. In case you decide to ever change your template again, (I know, it's like throwing gasoline in a fire) I came across this site that helps you build your own template. I have been using it to make yet another template for my site.

One of these days you and I are going to have to go to a templates-anomymous meeting. I hear that there is help for guys like us. LOL

You can visit the site here.

12:47 AM  
Blogger Scotty Ice said...

Hello, my name is Scotty...and I am a three template a day blogger.....

(in unison) hellloooo...Scottttyyy......

LOL....


I will check the site out! Thanks!!

6:10 AM  
Blogger Chickie said...

I think your blog is just fine. Change it if YOU want but not because the chick at IT2M said to.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home