Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Doghouse

Yesterday started with a lot of promise ....then went downhill fast...and it was my own fault.

I took off work yesterday to take my mother to the Social Security office to help her clear up a problem. Everything was worked out to her satisfaction.

....then the day went south.

For some reason that I havent been able to figure out, I went on a mini spending spree yesterday without Nanners permission.

Let's open the Loot Sack and see what Daddy brought home, shall we?

1) Two Small Barrister Bookcases
2) London for Dummies
3) 2 Disc Set of King Kong
4) A really BIG clock for our living room.
5) A empty container of a Rice Krispy treat I got at Barnes and Noble.

When Nanners came home from work and saw "Big Ben" hung proudly from the wall, the gig was up. I was told to IMMEDIATELY take it down and take it back. "What were you thinking about getting a clock that huge for our small house?"

"Yes, dear."

"My Gosh, How much was those bookcases???" I told her. She wasn't TOO angry about that but said next time she needed to be in on the decision making on a purchase like that.

"Yes, dear."

London for Dummies? I just got a roll of the eyes for that.

The empty Rice Krispy treat box. Another eye roll.

To make room for the bookcases I had to move a chest of drawers to our bedroom. In the process in doing that, I scraped the floor which is going to require me to buy about 4 pieces of laminate flooring to replace the damage pieces.

Another eye roll and a stern look. Nanners was not happy with chest of drawers being in the bedroom but she was easy on me for that one.

All in all, the evening wasn't too bad, however, I do not know for the life of me why I went on that little spree yesterday. Did I need all of that stuff? No. Why, then? Especially when there are other things I need to be concentrating on.

My answer.

I am taking a few days off from blogging to get my house.....literally both of them back in order. I will be back when the cleaning is done. =)

...and I apologize, my dear. Please forgive me.
1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

plead insanity or post traumatic stress syndrome!

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home