Monday, February 20, 2006

Monday Afternoon

Well, I just got back from my visit to Planet Fitness and I finally have time to sit down and jot down a few thoughts.....here we go.

I was pleasantly surprised by my trip to Planet Fitness. When Ender and I signed up Saturday afternoon, I must admit that I thinking that I was joining a meat market. However, they really pressed the issue that this was a non traditional gym. Planet Fitness catered to persons of all backgrounds and fitness levels and its members abided by very strict rules of conduct. When I walked in the door, I knew it was going to take me a while to get used to the place. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes on the stationary bike. I must admit I was really looking around and everything and everybody and I didn't give my Lyra and good ol' Benjamin Franklin my whole attention. On a short sidebar, walking up to the door I noticed a blue motorcycle that looked very familiar...yes it was the chariot of my friend Rip. The ol' Ripper broke it down for me outside the gym and told me what to expect. With a promise of meeting us one day, the Ripper roared out of sight, buffed and ready for whatever trouble he can get into.

I want to welcome the Grand Poobah to the evergrowing list of bloggers. Poobah, Bad Leroy Brown and Ender are SLOWLY formulating our plans for a small Internet venture that we hope to start very soon. We have been unable to all get together due to our conflicting schedules but once we get everything together, I think its going to fun.

Speaking of The Grand Poobah, we had a couple of fun things happen today. Poobah had a handheld version of Trivial Pursuit. One of the first questions he asked was "How many people were executed after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln?" We all looked up and laughed. I said confidently "4". I got it right. LOL Poobah also made the wisecrack of the year so far. I told him that I downloaded a program called Audacity that we might use in this upcoming venture. Poobah didnt miss a beat and said. "Yeah, I downloaded one also....it was called Unmitigated Gall!" It was a great moment. Score one for The Grand Poobah!

Speaking of blogs of friends, if you are a James Bond fan, then you need to drop by the blog of The Butler Did It!. Its contains all the gorgeous women, global intrigue, futuristic gadgets, and shaken, not stirred commentary. Then he starts talking about Bond. LOL Just kidding!! Great post!

Bad Leroy Brown is going to write his autobiography it seems. Trust me, you do NOT want to miss it!

Well, thats all I have for you guys right now. Peace.
1 Comments:
Blogger Robin said...

Three cheers for Poobah. That was a supreme pun.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home