Saturday, February 11, 2006

A Cold Saturday Morning

well, it looks like finally Ol' Man Winter has finally arrived......

Time to get everyone up to date with whats been going on so I will get started....

I spent some time with my Dad yesterday. All in all, it really seems like he is more comfortable being home. When I arrived about 730am yesterday, he was sleeping and resting comfortably. However, he was soon awake and we talked for a while. I think he is comfortable but at the same time he looks like he is a little more down than he has been. I guess he looks at his surroundings and remembers things like walking to the get the morning paper, working in this shed and so on. He cannot do that anymore. I used to get a kick out of seeing him mill around our house doing little odd jobs that needed to be done. He has a favorite recliner that he loved to sit in and dispense words of wisdom and watch the news on television. I told him that I could put him in that recliner if he wanted too and he just looked at me like he was thinking about it but then decided not today. My mother and I rearranged some of the furniture in the house before some relatives came over. A very nice elderly gentleman came over also to visit that I reall do not think that any of us knew....including my Dad. However, it was nice of him to pay Dad a visit. I think that they might have been coffee drinking buddies at one time. Thats a small town thing I remember that it seems that all the elderly people in town tend to come out of the woodwork to visit people when they are ill or have passed away. Even if you haven't a clue who they are. I also got my mother's phone situation handled. They were paying two separate companies for their local and long distance. She also gave me permission to sign them up for DSL. This way, both my uncle and I can easily handle most of their business instead of her having to call both of us and doing everything over the phone. I left my laptop there so we can have access to the Internet. She and my Dad are totally computer illiterate and I remember having an arguement with my Dad a few months ago over Internet banking and him not believing me that it was free. I left around noon yesterday to avoid the rain that was coming (you would know it arrived last night! ) and to handle some business of my own today. Nanners and I are not going to see him today unless my mother needs me for anything. She is still getting over her cold and I do not want him exposed to that. I think they do need a day just to relax by themselves.

Hey Ender, if you read this, I am sorry that I wasn't able to return your wifes call last night. We were over at the Iron Maiden's house ( my mother in law's...and I say that in a nice way! ) watching the Olympic Opening Ceremonies. By the time, the actual ceremony started, Nanners and I about to fall asleep. Ender, I want to thank you and your wife for checking on us. I hope she is feeling better and back at work soon. I will be back tomorrow.

I might ....might brave the cold weather in a couple of hours to run to the flea market. Brrrrrrr!

I was able to finish my taxes the other night. Once again, Uncle Sam owes me some smack and he better pay up!!! Even the great state of Alabama will write us a check this year, albeit a small one. I am not complaining...if you get a refund back from our lovely state you are lucky!

While I was shopping for my Mom yesterday, I noticed where they had a sale on a 2GB Phillips MP3 player with FM tuner. I immediately put in on layaway! Score!!

My buddy and boss, Lee of THE BUTLER DID IT! has a new commentary up about America's baseball team......ugh.....the Altanta Braves. If you are a hardball fan, check it out!

My Buddies Ender, the Grand Poobah and Bad Leroy Brown are considering doing Podcasts. Look for more on that in the near future. It will be a open and frank discussion of the world from a male point of view. =/

Some friends from work are actually thinking of going bowling Wednesday afternoon. I have not bowled in over EIGHT years. Ouch!

....and finally, I am debuting yet another template for your perusal. I was clandestinely working on another template when my blogging friend, Latin Lover debuted his today. He did a fantastic job and be sure to swing by and check him out. Yes, my friend, OCD is a terrible thing to have, however, it has not affected my sleep....yet. Nanners always gets on to me for getting so involved in something that I develop tunnel vision and do not want to move until I get it done!! I still wish my banner was a little larger but I can live with it. If anyone knows a way to enlarge it, by all means....EMAIL ME!!!

Word.
5 Comments:
Blogger Me said...

I am glad to hear your dad is home, and that you are doing so much for him and your mom.

I like the new template! You want to hear something funny...we both ended up going to the same site looking for our templates, and I actually downloaded and played around with both templates. I eventually ended up using mine, but what a coincidence huh? I guess it's true that great minds think alike.

Great job. Can't waith to see what we will both come up with next time.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Scotty Ice said...

actually, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....I thought I had been everywhere looking for templates.....I was working on another template during my free time and wasn't getting anywhere with it.....when I saw yours, I decided to check the site you got it from and....voila!!!

thanks for the kind words about Dad....

take care....

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scotty Frozen Water, what up? The new template looks good. Looking forward to the podcast.If the state doesn't write that check soon enough for your taste, let me know. I might be able to make some calls, and light a few fires, because that is how I roll. My best to your Dad, bud. Oh yeah, I might be able to go bowling for a bit on Wednesday before I close on my new house. Peace, love, and sooouuul.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Chickie said...

I love the Peanuts header. 15 minutes of my life was just wasted trying to enlarge it.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Scotty Ice said...

Chickie - I have spent a LOT longer than you trying to get that banner enlarged......I have given up.

Ender - She told me yesterday on the bowling. Make sure you squeeze extra hard. I know you guys have been through it.

I have changed the font color to make the blog easier to read. I agree with you on the blog entries being "blended" especially on the comments. However, I like the how "clean" it looks over the last one. Also the banner is giving me trouble. ( See Chickie's Comment )I guess we can eliminate this from the design of our podcast blog huh? LOL I am looking forward to getting started, that is if we can all find the time to get together.
We will soon. Good Luck at the Doc's office.

3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home