Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Wednesday Evening

Well, I made it through another work week and I just wanted to get everyone caught up with whats going on as of 732pm CST.

*Today was such a sad day in West Virginia. You cannot help to feel for the families of the coal mine disaster. It was a very bad situation and to have the survivor infomation wrong just made it that much worse. I can certainly understand their feelings.....just what can you say now that would mean anything. To me, the big story is that the mine has been wrote up for safety violations in the past and I do not know if they could have led to the disaster but I am sure the lawyers will be working this one out for a long time. Our prayers go with them.

*The weather here has been gorgeous! Can our luck hold out with these warm temps? Maybe winter will just skip the gulf coast this year. However, what does this mean for hurricane season? I mean, we have a tropical storm lingering in the Atlantic....will these above average temps come back to haunt us this summer? All I know is that I am getting my "C" batteries early this year. I should have put them on my Christmas list.



*Feast your eyes on this glorious picture. It is the Absolute Edition of one of comics greatest stories. Crisis on Infinite Earths came out in the 80's and is a must have for any serious comic collector. I bought this off of Amazon.com and arrived today. There are two books with the set. One is the story itself with a new cover by the Master, George Perez. Perez also does the cover for the Compendium, which breaks down the story itself and what it took to bring it to fruition. The art for the slip cover itself is done by the artist Alex Ross. He is a painter in the respect how he draws and inks and his detail is amazing. He done the official poster for the Academy Awards a couple of years ago. His work is so clear you can almost feel the texture of the costumes the heroes wear. I am very much looking forward to sitting down and really reading this monumental tale. I had a friend who had the original maxi series when it came out. The sequel, Infinite Crisis , is currently being produced by DC comics and out right now. For the abbreivated version on Crisis on Infinite Earths go to right here. Crisis on Infinite Earths - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or this link that really breaks this complex story down. WPage / The Annotated Crisis on Infinite Earths

*Lastly, some news on my Dad. I talked to him earlier tonight and didn't get to talk to him very long because he was sleepy. My mother said today that he will undergo some more tests tomorrow. My mother says he will have to go thru extensive rehab to be able to walk again. Dad thought that meant putting him in a nursing home and was upset by it. They have a wonderful rehab facility in Daphne on the Eastern Shore that I hope he can go too. I made a comment to my mother that Dad's body just seems to be slowly shutting down and she said that my uncle said the same thing. He still suffers from dementia but his cognitive functions do not seem to degraded further. All we can do is to make him as comfortable as possible and take one day at a time. I want to thank everyone who has passed along their prayers and good wishes to me. I sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart.
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home