Sunday, January 29, 2006

Sunday Evening

I just wanted to sit down this evening and update some things that have been going on.......

Nothing new with my father. I just got off the phone with him. He appears to not have had a good day. My wife and I visited him yesterday afternoon and he seemed to be stronger and in good spirits. Nothing new on him being admitted to the Veterans home but I am sure we will hear something new about that this week. It has still baffled me that although they have concluded Dad has brain tumors, they still have not made a exact diagnosis on what type of cancer it is and how to treat it. We are hoping that a lot of loose ends are tied up this week on that. I am also thankful that this Friday I do not have any other things that will keep me from visiting all day. Two weeks ago it was my breaks needing repaired and last Friday it was the house getting roofed.

My wife and I visited the Moorer Branch of the Mobile Public Library yesterday afternoon and while she picked some things for her work, I used the time to peruse the audiobook section and checked out four to add to my growing iTunes library. They are....

"Rise to Rebellion" by Jeff Shaara
"Benjamin Franklin: An American Life" by Walter Isaacson
"The President's House" by Margaret Truman
"There and Back Again" by Sean Astin

I have already read Sean Astins book but I am looking forward to hearing it again on audiotape.

If anyone cares or hasn't noticed, I have tinkered around with the template for my blog Friday while I was waiting for my roofers to come. I like it better because it adds a dash of color to the page. However, I sent a letter to Pixeldigger and let him know what I want in a three column blog. With everything going on with my Dad and being tied up on the past few Fridays have put a kink in with me getting with him.

Lastly, I am thinking of starting a bowling team at work. Egad.
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I care and notice what you have done to the place. Looks great.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Chickie said...

If you never want to see your family again - start a bowling team.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home