Sunday, January 15, 2006

Sunday Evening

I am about to head to bed so I thought I would jot down some things that went on today.....

*I finally got the kinks worked out with my iPod Shuffle and started listening to The DaVinci Code. I had planned on listening to The Secret Man first but things just worked out that I downloaded DaVinci first. I am about 10% into the book now not having much time due to things going on. I want to try and listen to more this week. I will post an audioblog review for the three or four people who haven't heard about it.

*Speaking of audiobooks, I have downloaded all but the Beatles biography onto iTunes. Funny, but I am not in a big hurry to listen to it. My wife got me
The Beatles Anthology set on DVD for Christmas. As good as they are, John, Paul, George and Ringo can get a little old. I have read most of the books on them out today and they all offer different variations of the same story.

*My wife and I crashed after I came home from work today. She is off work tomorrow due to the holiday, but however I have to work.

*This from the BRUSH WITH GREATNESS file. I bumped into actor/comedian Sinbad today. I looked up and boom....there he was. Although I didn't talk to him, he appeared to be very approachable and nice. However, he is one tall mofo.

*I want to give a shout out to Mrs. Ender, who is having a wee bit of surgery tomorrow. I want to wish her a quick and speedy recovery and I can't wait to hear her mocking laugh at me when I stumble.

*The Grand Poobah has sent me a new photograph of his travels. I will get that up in a day or so. He is truly a International Man of Mystery.

*We watched The 40 Year Old Virgin last night. It was a real funny movie and I was going to write a review of it before I watched it. However, strangely the movie kinda hit a little close to home for me. I have comics. I have action figures. I have even MORE superhero magnets on my refrigerator. However, one thing I did NOT have in common with the character of the 40 Year Old Virgin......you guessed it! I do have a car!! (evil laff)

*The man who was supposed to come and give me an estimate on replacing my roof forgot me....twice. I called his boss yesterday and gave him the fifth degree. The boss is supposed to come by tomorrow and do the estimate. Hopefully, I can get that finished with as little drama as possible.

*On a serious note, I talked to my mother today and my Dad did not have a good afternoon. My aunt and uncle came down to visit him and he mostly slept. My wife and I spent sometime with him yesterday and he seemed to be in good spirits but did not stay up for very long. I am taking most of next week off to help my Mom with some legal aspects of my father's condition. I plan on getting their finanical affairs together and consolidated more. Thank Goodness that my best friends wife works for an attorney so at least I have connections there...... I find myself staring at the phone a lot, like I am waiting for THE phone call. Its hard not to be optimistic but I as much as I love and cherish my father, I just hate to see him lying there. I think part of me has been in denial about it, thinking if I just roll with things maybe he will get better. I pray that he does. He may outlive me. I have so many mixed emotions about it that its hard to describe. I just want to thank everyone for the kind words and their support.

Well, time to shut this thing down and hit the sack. I am tired. I do not look forward to next week.
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got in from D.C., and I checked in on Mrs. Ender. She seems to be doing well. A little sore, but they gave her some good medicine for that. Ender thought it was kind of odd that I was in the room long before they were, but you all know how I am connected. You know how I know your gay?

4:24 PM  
Blogger Scotty Ice said...

You dont want to get me started....LOL.....

..and I am glad that Mrs. Ender is ok, I will try and give her a call tomorrow........thanks for the call, doofus.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home