Thursday, January 05, 2006

Simplicity and an update on my Dad




I was just about to head to bed when I felt like one more tale of my noneventful day.
I went out this morning for my early morning walk with my brand spanking new iPod Nano in hand and John Grisham's The Broker all keyed up and ready to go. I bounced out of my Ford SUV and slapped the earphones on, hit the appropriate buttons and off I went.....for about 10 steps. I stopped to turn the volume up and....nothing. I began to press more on the Nano. Nothing. The whole iPod had frozen. After I got home and showered and dressed, I proceeded to Best Buy and got a refund. I almost bought an iRiver but I didnt want to spend the extra money. I have for some reason wanted the iPod Shuffle. I just seems so....simple. So I bought it. Lets say tomorrow morning I will be strutting around Langan Park listening to our Patriots kicking some limey butt in David McCullough's 1776. John Grisham is going to have to wait! So the point is....for me.....simplicity won out over complication.

I want to update the condition of my father. My mother told me that it would be ok for me to stay home today. She was expecting my Dad to take some tests that would keep him out of the room for a while. Later in the day, she called to tell me that he was being moved to a rehab facility on the Eastern Shore tomorrow. I called my Dad tonight and spoke with him and he told me just to stay home until they work out his rehab schedule. I feel guilty for not being there but he seems ok right now. My Dad and I aren't into big emotional talks or anything like that. We usually keep our conversations quick and to the point. My wife and I will visit him this weekend. It just seems like his body is giving up on him little by little. However, I have found to never count him out. He may be the one to turn the lights out after everything is said and done.
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear your dad is improving. His rehab will be an intensive therapy schedule, but he's on the right track. Take care and my prayers are with you and your family.
Your friend in the Northern Hemisphere

4:55 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Hey! Roll Tide!

Thanks for commenting on my blog the other day. I appreciate it!

I hope your father gets better each day!

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home