Sunday, January 22, 2006

The DaVinci Code





Its been like forever, but I finally finished The DaVinci Code audiobook today. It was a great listen and I really enjoyed it. It really made me excited to see the movie coming out in May. Without giving away or discussing too much of it, I found it to be an "intellectual" Indiana Jones movie. I do not consider myself a "smart or bright" person by any means, however even I was able to figure out some of what was to come. The end of the book was both unforseen and delightful. I am not sure that I follow or understand all the details that were presented in the book, however, I enjoyed it very much.

Now I step in to my TARDIS to head to David McCullough's 1776. I am afraid this book will take awhile.
3 Comments:
Blogger Me said...

That is a good book. I had heard so much about it that I decided to read it one night. Literally. One night.

Every once in a while I get really focused on completing a given task. I bought the book, began reading after dinner, and did not stop until I finished it the following morning.

Yeah...Welcome to my world.

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got it from the Library but haven't started it yet. I was wondering if it was going to be over my head. I usually read light mysteries and southern humor so I really liked your review. I'll start it as soon as I finish the series I'm reading. I'll let you know what I think! DQ

2:41 PM  
Blogger Scotty Ice said...

DQ,

I think you will like it....its a great read and I have not heard of anyone who hasn't liked it. There are some places that you can kinda guess what was going to happen next but the overall plot and ending is very good. I think you will like it....

I hope you are doing well....will drop you a line very soon!!

Scotty

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home